This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inaccurate Stair Count

Hi everyone

I didn't have an issue with my stair count previously. All of a sudden it starts counting stairs even if I'm sitting.

I end up with widly inaccurate numbers, sometimes saying i climbed 30 stairs where in fact I've only done 4 (up).

I cleaned the barometer hole with running water. Still the same issue. Reset the Garmin. Same issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Any pointers on how to fix it?

(I have a Garmin vivosport, v4.0 firmware, which is the latest from Garmin Express for me)

Thank you,

Reema

• Hello! If cleaning the device and resetting the device to factory settings did not correct it, the barometer could be damaged. Where are you located?

• Thanks for your reply. I'm located in Bahrain.

• For anyone following up, I have not heard back from Garmin-AmberD or anyone else within the forum.

I, proactively, sent my Garmin vivosport to the UAE for checking (of course I had to pay shipping costs). 

I was told my Garmin barometer/altimeter sensor was not working. They offered me an alternative which is to pay $100 + shipping to Bahrain of $16 to replace the device with a new one. I took their offer.

The new vivosport comes with another issue, and that is inaccurate stress tracking from their latest update. You'll find many complain of the same issue in other forums. Garmin's advice is to do a reset rather than fix the problem from the core with a software update.

Maybe it's time to move to Fitbit.