This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Vivoactive 3 Multiple issues

I ordered a new vivoactive 3 watch and am having issues with right from the start.

1) Unable to get Text messages. I have a iPhone 11 and all the settings are correct. When I go to my Widget on the App, it only says "Show Calls Only" or Show all. I have it sent to Show All & on my phone I have the Banners sent to Persistent and to "ALWAYS" show previews. Yet I get nothing on my phone.

2) I have been waiting for GPS every time I try to start a run. Right now, i am waiting 15 minutes to find GPS.

I had a Forerunner 35 and had issues without that after a year so per some recommendations I  purchased the VivoActive 3... but had it for 2 hours & already having issues.

Can anyone help to resolve this? Should I return it or can these be resolved? 

• Hi there! Can you sync the device with the computer using Garmin Express, then power the watch off and back on. As for the notifications. Please double check the below. 

Please open the iPhone settings,

• go to notifications then CONNECT,
      • The middle notification center needs to be CHECK MARKED and show previews needs to be set to ALWAYS
      • If you see temporary it must say Persistent
    • Hit the back arrow, go to notifications then MESSAGES
      • The middle notification center needs to be enabled and show previews needs to be set to ALWAYS
      • If you see temporary it must say Persistent