This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivosport suddenly died - any suggestions for what to try next?

My vivosport watch was working fine earlier today but now it's just a black screen with no green light on the back and won't take a charge.

History: I last fully charged it Friday (2/26/21)  afternoon.  I think it was about 40% battery when I started charging. 

Today (Sunday 2/28/21) I remember using it for the time about 12:45pm today.  Around 3pm today I noticed the screen was black.  I plugged into the charger for over an hour but that didn't help.

Using a USB tester, I can see that it's not pulling a charge when plugged into a USB wall charger.

I downloaded the Garmin Express software on a Windows 10 laptop this evening but it can't find the device.  I suspect this is because the device isn't powered on.

I've tried using a different Garmin USB charging cord and cleaning the contacts.

Background:

The watch was purchased from a REI store on 11/18/18.  The band on that watch broke last spring and I submitted it for exchange (per the Garmin website) on 5/15/20.  I think the watch Garmin sent me in return was a brand new one.

Thank you for any suggestions.

• Hello! I am sorry to hear this has happened to the device. When you had it plugged into the computer, did you happen to have it plugged in for more than 15 min? If not, can you try that and see if it will come on. If not, since you tried another charger it unfortunately sounds like the device needs to be exchanged. Are you in the US or CAD? If so, I can look into your options and we can get this resolved. 

• I'm not sure if it was plugged in for 15 minutes yesterday but I tried again today. The watch has been plugged into the Windows 10 laptop running Garmin Express for well over 15 minutes now. I went through 8 cycles of "what are you trying to add" -> select vivosport -> "search again" and no luck.  

I live in the US (Maryland).

Thank you.

• If you unplug it does it die immediately?

• It isn't a matter of dying when unplugged - it has been dead since yesterday afternoon.  That's the problem I outlined in my original post above - the watch has died (as evidenced by the black screen and lack of green sensor light).

I tried connecting it via Garmin Express because that was one of the suggestions I read on the Garmin website.  I spent some time researching the problem and trying various suggestions before resorting to posting on this site for help.

I have no more ideas for how to get the watch working again and would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

• My apologies, I misread your recent response. May I reach out to you by email?

• yes - I updated the profile for this userid to include an email address that will work to contact me.