This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tracking indoor cycling on vivosport

I am starting to cycle indoors as it gets colder but when trying to track cycling it seems to only track outdoor cycling and wants to turn on GPS. GPS tracking doesn't work well wear I live and is pointless for indoor exercise bike anyway. How do I track indoor cycling on the vivosport? I'm guessing I'm missing something.

• Hello! This device does not have an indoor cycle profile. To record the bike activity, I would use the Cardio or indoor run feature and edit the activity in the app after it has synced. 

• It would be good for you to provide an update for this as millions of people use indoor spin classes and stationary bikes year round.

• Using either of the suggested options works (cardio or indoor run) as Garmin Connect makes t very easy to edit when you have the information needed from your exercise bike's computer.

• Either option works.

• I can certainly send this feedback to my team as we are always wanting to improve your customer experience. 

• When using under desk type equipment, distance is not something always displayed.  would it be best to connect the device to my ankle?

• I have not come across someone using this on the ankle for this type of thing. I certainly do not see why it wouldn't work while using the indoor run profile. You could try it and see if there are any results. 

• I have been using my garmin around my ankle and have it set to indoor walk when I ride my stationary bike. I found it counted more accurately than when it was on my wrist during this particular activity. I look forward to an indoor cycling option! 

• How do I add the activity to Strava and Zwift so I can get an accurate reading on my indoor ride? 

• Garmin Vivosport have three major weaknesses: (1) the heart rate monitor is not accurate. It is way off during exercises. Typically it measures heart rates of 80-100 when the actual bpm is 140-155. It must be a software problem as the device "finds" the correct heart rate after 20-30 minutes;  (2) the gps in a new location takes far too long to be locked on, typically around 15-30 minutes; (3) the device looses the data unless synced daily. Strangely enough, while it shows zero steps etc back till the day of last calibration, the exercise activity data saved on the device shows up. All these should be fixible by correcting the bugs in the software. Yet the Garmin team is too much focused on trying to sell new devices, and either neglects the pleas from existing users, or gives AI answers (Artificially Innefective) , like wear the gadget either more tightly, or more loosly. This latter advice is actually their official gem of an advice from their website. So, dear Garmin, start acting like your customers do matter. Shame on you.