This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Charging Problem

Hi there,

Noticed a problem with my VivoSport and was wondering if anyone had seen the same.

When plugging into charging, it will charge for about 8 seconds and then stop charging.

As soon as removed from charging and then reconnected, it will charge for 8 seconds and then stop.

Tried replacement cables and replacement power sources (plug or laptop) - plus, tried giving the four pronged connector a clean with cotton wool, but no luck.

So was wondering if anyone had seen a similar problem before and whether it might be a hardware or software issue?

Kind Regards, Paul.

• Same here? Was it resolved?

• For me - this was the battery in the watch on its death spiral.

I found that charging from a Laptop would work better as the 8 seconds would charge repeatedly rather than just starting then stopping once.

But a week later noticed the real problem that the battery was on its last legs and so started getting 4 hours of non-GPS time tops.

I like Garmin kit - but tend to find the batteries have a point of no return after a certain amount of time.

This one was a VivoSmart HR = 13 Months for me.

Last one was a VivoActive = 18 Months

I'm a bit sold on Garmin, so forked out for a replacement ForeRunner - will see if that hits the same problem and post here.

Given that Garmin do not charge a subscription for the App and Data Storage, I imagine the hardware has a lifespan and I've just been a bit unlucky here with the above?

• Hello! Can you try the below: 

• Plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express
    • Once it's finished, unplug the device and an update may go through.
    • Please reset the device to defaults
    • This will start the watch from new. Please go to watch settings, system then reset to defaults.
    • Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol
    • Please charge fully through the computer

Once these steps are completed, please test the device over the next 48 hours and report back how the battery has held up. We will then reevaluate from there.

• Hi - I have the same problem as the OP above and have tried your solution steps.  Unfortunately, Garmin Express cannot find my VivoSport.  It is plugged in as it takes a charge (briefly) but I never proceed beyond the Find Device step. I've reinstalled Garmin Express, restarted etc.  any suggestions? thanks 

• same problem here. 

• it doesn't work. Garmin Express doesn't even see the device. Now what?