This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS accuracy in different activity modes ?

Does the GPS accuracy/update rate change , depending on which activity you select ?

I need it for an experiement, where i must gather as many positions within 5 minutes. Battery life is not relevant in this matter.
Is there a way to trigger vivosport into recording more positions?  As it is now, based on cut-corners etc, it looks like it records a position every 5-6 seconds.
I cant find anything in menus on this watch regarding this,
Can i increase accuracy/frequency?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Does the GPS accuracy/update rate change , depending on which activity you select ?

No.

Is there a way to trigger vivosport into recording more positions?  As it is now, based on cut-corners etc, it looks like it records a position every 5-6 seconds.

I'm not sure if this is the case with vivosport, but some garmin wearables have a feature called smart recording, which would give a result similar to what you describe. On most of those devices this setting can be disabled to force every-second recording, but on some devices it cannot be disabled. So look in the device settings (either on the device itself or in garmin connect) to see if there is a setting called smart recording and if it can be disabled.