This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

stair climbing is not working

i just received my third vivosport on a warranty replacement. the stair climbing feature is not working and i'm not sure what to do to set or restart it.

• My stair climbing feature is very hit-and-miss. Sometimes it registers the stair climb I have just made, othertimes not. I t missed 5 out of 10 yesterday, no obvious reason.

• My stair climbing feature is very hit-and-miss. Sometimes it registers the stair climb I have just made, othertimes not. I t missed 5 out of 10 yesterday, no obvious reason.

• Mine worked fine for about 10 months.  June 2nd, 2020 stopped recording any stairs (either up or down).  Reset to factory (twice) = no go.  Reinstalled firmware (4.20) = no go.  Deleted all folders from the device = no go.  Garmin agreed to send replacement.  Will see how that goes.  In regards to missing some stairs, I found out that it is possible but it is mostly a matter of algorithm.  However when it stops completely, that is a hardware failure.  I had other fitness devices and none of them stopped counting stairs completely.  You may want to clean the sensor area with some air, making sure no debris is affecting the reading.