This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivosport software version 4.20 is now live

This updated can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed bug with sudden change in stress at midnight
  • My Garmin Express not my Garmin Connect Mobile is showing any available update. Actually Garmin Express shows the device as updated. The version shown on the device and the apps is the 4.00.....Is there any other way to download and install the updates?

• Am I the only one who is really annoyed and disgruntled that the premium Vivosport device I own, which is still officially within its support lifecycle, is not getting a body battery feature update?

What is the reason for this? :(

• Would this interfere with days in a row data collection? I have gotten over 10,000 steps for over 30 days in a row and it keeps resetting.  This morning after exercising it told me day 6.  Any tips? 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

I'm disgusted with Garmin at the moment. I bought the vivosport thinking I was buying a quality product. When I first got it the floors climbed worked and the battery lasted about a week. Now I'm lucky if it lasts a day. I am wondering if this is a conspiracy. Right now I have no intention of buying another product, this was my first and likely last product I bought.

• Body Battery is not a feature by Garmin in-house, but a licensed product bought from First Beat for each Garmin device separately, and developed way after the introduction of the Vivosport.
    So, buying the Body Battery feature for a lot of money and putting it on an older device does not make much sense if you are a corporation that wants to make money.

• Hello! Are you still experiencing a battery issue? If so, I apologize this has happened. Can you follow these steps:

• Plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express
    • Once it's finished, unplug the device and an update may go through.
    • Please reset the device to defaults
    • This will start the watch from new. Please go to
    • Hold the touchscreen to view the menu.
    • Select the gear icon, then the wrench icon and Restore Defaults
    • Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol
    • Please charge fully through the computer

Once these steps are completed, please test the device over the next 48 hours and report back how the battery has held up. We will then reevaluate from there.

• I've just started having this issue with the vivosmart battery draining super quickly (for instance, I charged it yesterday evening and the battery was dead by the time I woke up this morning). It's been an issue for the last several weeks.  It seemed that almost overnight I went from getting nearly a week off the battery to getting less than 12 hours worth.

I've tried both the suggested methods- deleting the "GarminDevice.xml" file and also the resetting to defaults mentioned here.  No luck.  Any other options?  My vivosport is only about 18 months old.

• So, while there is a software update 4.20.....My vivosport still is updated at v 4.0......and it won´t update because those updates are available or not depending on where did you buy the device. I´m wondering if this is even legal.