This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

touch screen not working

Hello,

My vivosport touch screen is now completely useless.

I am still able to see notifications however the touchscreen simply does not work, I double tap, long press and nothing happens.

I have tried to drain the battery completely till it just shutdowns and then recharge it, but unfortunately it wont solve the problem.

Any ideas?

I am starting to see a patron here, this is my third fitness tracker from garmin that only works for a year or two.

Thanks.

• I have the same issue with mine and have the same sentiments about garmin products only lasting for a year or two. They tend to stop working about 6 months outside of the warranty. They told me I could send it back and they would repair it for $80. Haha what a joke. 

Let me know if you figure out how to get your screen working again. I'm going to try replacing the batteries in mine and see if that makes a difference. Doubt it will but it's worth a try. 

• Try resetting it. I've had similiar (but not identical) issue: screen was irresponsive, also moving to next screen took extremly long time. I reset it to default values, and then set it anew. Now it works as it should. Hope it'll help.

• Already did when it was semi-responsive, now it stoped working completely. Nothing works. Probably has to do with the charging cable that I order from amazon to replace the lost one, I guess it is not like the original and it damage the tracker, that is the only explanation I can think off.

• Hi 
    i am able to reset it, but since touch screen is not responding i cannot move further, any tips on this please

//Parag

• Hello, If your device is frozen can you please plug the device into the computer and sync with Garmin Express If this does not unfreeze the device, please keep me updated.

• Mine is the same, can see the hour, notifications arrive but can't open them and can't turn off alarms. Touch screen is not responding, and laready tried to sync it with my pc and still the same. Software says is up to date as well.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago

The same issue for vivosport. Just works while it have warranty. Form me its look like Garmin devices have software timer inside, after warranty it makes device unusable.