This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any idea when the next gen Vivosport is coming out??

This ones been around for awhile & I'm wondering if I should get it or wait

• An old post, with regards to measuring steps from a wrist mounted device... Ordinarily when you walk or run, your whole body will move.- your arms will swing and there be vibrations from the impact of each step. It won't be able to measure the exact number of steps taken, but it's a it's a near enough approximation. I've found it to be accurate enough, unless I'm pushing my bike (pushing anything would probably have the same effect).

• Btw, I'm a dreamer, I know... but any hope about a new Vivosport gen? 
    Still can't understand why Garmin left its best fitness tracker abandoned...

• At this point (3+ years since the last release), it seems very unlikely the vivosport will ever be updated.  I'd recommend you look at the newest vivosmart 5.  It has all the features of the vivosport, except GPS and a color display.  However, in my opinion, the (slightly) increased display resolution and additional features (e.g., pulse OX) make it superior.  

• Yeah I got the same feeling :((
    It would be a shame...

I already got the vivosmart 5, this is why I've been asking. 
    I appreciate its features, but it feels like such a missed opportunity. Characters are way too small, especially those during workout. The screen is very basic - better than the v4 indeed - still not really satisfying.

I loved the Vivosport concept, GPS, always on, great display visibility especially under the sun, and nicely larger characters and an update would have been amazing.

I'm actually wearing the vivosmart 5, but feeling like Garmin could do pretty much better than this. It's working fine tho, but still thinking they missed the opportunity to release THE ultimate fitness tracker.

• Anyway, if I'm not wrong it took something like four years after the vivosmart 4, can it be? I'd still have some hopes for a new vivosport! I'm a dreamer Slight smile

• My 4yr old Vivosport is still alive and kicking and provides the same battery life as it did on day 1 (3-4d between charges).  Really surprised Garmin did not release a next gen as I agree with others - this was a special band - smallest with built-in GPS even to this day.  Just took the plunge and "upgraded" to a new Fenix 6s Pro Solar since these are heavily discounted but if there was a Vivosport 2, that would have been under serious consideration - imagine if the curved rigid portion of the existing vivosport band was used for solar + the efficiency of the smaller display!!!