This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect shows different sleep duration on dashboard and detail screens

Connect on my Android phone shoes different durations for the same night's sleep - for example 7:30 on the dashboard, but 8:30 when I tap into the detail display. Sometimes the detail has a shorter duration, sometimes longer.

I appreciate that the sleep tracking is something of an educated guess, but surely there should be consistency within Connect for the same night?

•   I checked mine. Last night shows 7 hours 30 on the dash and 7 hours 37 on the specific day page. Odd indeed. I wonder if it's down to truncation of decimals rather than rounding (or something like that)?

Oh I think I get it. That's the AVERAGE for the last 7 days on the main page.

• I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app, and perhaps unsurprisingly, this has fixed it. I've no idea why it happened, but it's back to making sense.

The discrepancy wasn't trivial, by the way. See the screenshots, taken before the reinstall:

• I have noticed that first thing in the morning just after it syncs it can take a little while to 'settle down'. I'm not sure why, but it seems to need a few minutes to process that data. I wonder if that's what you've been observing? Or did it stay that way all day?