This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replacement strap for VIVOSPORT ( alternative )

Hi all, any VIVOSPORT owners try this?

Mine broken. Ordered from China, waiting for the parcel to arrive.

• That looks interesting. That's quite creative, although it's a little bit clunky - and the reason I bought a VivoSport is because it was small. I can't find them on ebay or amazon. Have you got a link? Oh it says Vivofit 1 & 2 straps. Will have another look.

• Did anyone try to remove the 4 screws holding the actual device to the band and check if it fits into any generic replacement band?  Vivofit 1/2 may be an alternative but maybe there are other alternatives, as well.

• I'm tempted to but haven't yet because even after nearly 2 years my band is still in excellent condition with no signs of cracking yet.  I have been tempted though, because I think it may actually work inside a vivofit 4 band.  I'm not sure if the screws remove the entire device from the band or do they just open up access to the inside of the watch?  Does anyone know? Garmin Moderators? 

• I wish someone tried it.  I doubt that Garmin moderators would make positive suggestions to extend the live of an older device.  They will push for the next latest and greatest and most expensive.  Us mortals would have to find our answers to our questions. 

• Same thing happened to me yesterday.  Broken strap.  Anyone know whether YouTube video fix works?  Anyone try it yet?

• Me and my partner both have vivosport watches. we also have 2 year guarantees as most activity watches aren’t built to last. If you work out regularly, sweat residue will build up around the gaps on the underside of the watch. Where theses build up, the strap will break. Also the barometers on our watches have ceased to work, maybe for the same reason. We’ve both had 2 replacement each. 

• All, I tried the solution from the YouTube video.  I bought a couple vivofit 1/2 straps on amazon.  Cost was about $13-$14.  I took a pocket knife to the corners of the “watch” portion of my vivosport.  Still fully functional.  And was successful in slipping the vivosport watch portion into the vivofit strap.  So far, so good.  I’ve been using it for a little over a month now.  I’m very happy with this solution so far.  The rubber of the new strap is soft enough, it stretched just a bit but everything fits nicely.  I recommend trying it if you haven’t already.

• Just did replace my broken strap, and it is that easy.

• Did you have the URL for the replacement straps? Using the search on Amazon/ebay from the video doesn't seem to show any which look like them. Cheers,

• QGHXO Band for Garmin Vivofit 1 / Vivofit2, Soft Silicone Replacement Watch Band Strap for Garmin Vivofit 1 / Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker, Small, Large, Ten Colors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G75H3Z1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5.g8DbNT61DHE      This is a link to the vivofit 1/2 bands I bought.  Bit of caution.....the diagram showing strap length isn’t very accurate.  I ordered the small size bands but they came in measurably shorter than in the diagram.  I returned them, ordered the large, which fits just fine.  And, so far so good.  The replacement band works great, hasn’t cracked, failed.  I recommend them.  Good luck.