This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replacement strap for VIVOSPORT ( alternative )

Hi all, any VIVOSPORT owners try this?

Mine broken. Ordered from China, waiting for the parcel to arrive.

• Perhaps being in the UK is the difference.  Was the broken strap also a new/relatively new VivoSport?  Or, had you owned it for a few months?  How old was it when it broke?

• I'd had it a couple of years. I was very surprised that I was given a replacement.

• Wow!  Good for you!  I’m surprised too.  Perhaps there had been so many complaints of the strap breaking that Garmin decided to make the customers happy by providing a new replacement,  Regardless of their reasoning, good for you, and good for Garmin for doing the right thing to keep a customer.

• For what it is worth, my son's watch band on his vivosport broke and I was issued an order number for a free replacement. Super happy about this as he loves the watch (I have one as well and love it) and it looks like he will get to continue to use it. Contact Garmin support and see if that works for you as well.

• Hi, its my turn. My watch band just broke today.  Do you take out the watch from it's frame or slide the old frame (black and orange) in the new band (example white) ? Thank for you comment.  (hope you understand me well, english is not my first language. ;-)

• Hi.  I did mine essentially exactly like in the video at the top of this thread.  Need only a pocket knife.  Use the knife to cut out the actual “watch” portion of the vivosport from the watch band.  Then, use the knife to cut the “corners” of the “watch” portion.  This is done in order to allow it to fit into the new replacement watch band.  The corners are a hard plastic so you need to work at it just a little bit.  There’s no need to remove any of the small screws in the back of the “watch” portion - leave the screws alone.

Then, pry the “watch” portion into the new watch band.  It took me a few times to get it to fit.  I kept carving, 3 or 4 times, on the “watch” portion until I was able to slip it inside the new band.

• Thanks for that feedback.  I’m going to contact Garmin.  Maybe I can get a new vivosport out of it.  Can you share with us....how old was your son’s vivosport when it broke?  Mine was a few years old.  Garmin, at the time, told me they would replace it....for somewhere around $80....don’t recall all the details.  Maybe Garmin has finally fessed up to a recurring problem and is doing the right thing.

• Hi Mike - it was a year and a half old but it was a refurbished unit. I started an online chat with the service desk on Garmin's site and they provided a shipping label. The watch is to arrive tomorrow. Good luck!