This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music Control - Not working with Spotify

Hi, there Gaming community :)

I just recently bought two Vivosport watches one for my girlfriend and myself.

So far we love them, but can't seem to make the music control option work.

It always opens what I assume is the default music player on our phones (Android) which is "Google play".
If you disable or uninstall "Google play" the music controller pretends it's no longer connect to your phone
even though it clearly is and everything else still works.

I was told there used to be "Default Music Player" option in the Garmin Connect application, but it's no longer there.
Is there a way to make Spotify my default music player for the Vivosport or somehow tricking it into using Spotify?

Having Spotify already open still doesn't allow for it to change music, pause it or anything.

Thank you for your help in advance.

• This is exactly my problem, except the entire reason I purchased this product was to control spotify on my phone.
  • If you start the Spotify in your phone manualy it will control it, but you have to run it before touching the controls in the vivosport. It works for me.

• Just got a Vivosport today and was struggling to get the music player to work. However after finding this forum and post I can get my Vivovport to control Spotify. As above open Spotify and start playing a track. You can then use your Garmin to control the tracks. If I stop playing and provided I do not re-boot my phone Spotify will restart playing when I tap the controls on my garmin. It works but not ideal as it would be better to link it to a specific rather than having to do this each time the phone is rebooted.

• It seems like the recent updates broken the music control for Spotify. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Currently running version 4.10

• I managed to fix the problem by deactivating Google music in app settings, it should probably be settings -> apps then look for the Google music app and click on it. There should be a setting to deactivate the app. After that the clock was pausing and changing the track in Spotify instead. I hope this helped! Grin

• Disabling Google Music app worked for me! Thanks!

• Does anyone know what else could be the problem?

I have deactivated Google music and wish to control music from Spotify, but my Forerunner 45 is not registering it. I have a Huawei phone and thought that might br a factor in it but the rest of the connectivity is fine.

• same here, huawei psmart, can't control spotify phone app with the watch. But, i can connect my watch to the BT speakers and control the music i have sync.

When i try to control the spotify phone app, the watch says that it is not connected (even after disabled google music. I can't disabled completely the huawei music app, and i can't add spotify to default music player)

• I'm having an issue with vivosport and huawei mate lite. I tried to change my default music player to Spotify but that's not an option. Even with Spotify playing, if I press the controls on my band it just opens the huawei music player. If you figured it out I'd love to know how! 

• I use a Samsung so that might have something to do with it. Unfortunately I don't think I can help you but check if there are any other music apps installed and if you can disable the somehow. I think that's all the help I can provide since I've never owned a Huawei phone