This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosport 2 - Any rumours / ideas ?

Has anyone heard anything on an upgrade to the current vivosport?

My partner would be interested in getting a Garmin device, but the VA3 is too large for her tiny wrist.
Any idea, rumours etc if Garmin is working on a Vivosport 2?
The Vivosport form factor + some of the smart features of the VA3 would be great for her (training plan on the watch?)

Please let me know if you know anything.
  • The strap on my vivosport just ripped clean in 2, it’s about 20 months old.  I was just pulling my (admittedly tight) sleeve up to look at it.  But hardly rough use.  Anyway they initially said it was out of warranty but then agreed to send me a replacement.  If they hadn’t I’d have bought a Charge 3.  No way would I buy something without a replaceable strap again.  So hope they do come come up with a newer version with replaceable straps.

• Also patiently waiting for something new on Vivosport successor. Heck they could call it fenix band and up the specs and price. Just need something good in a band-format. Not going to stop wearing my many traditional watches, and no way I’d wear two large watches.

I believe there’s a market for high end wristbands as most of the band form factor trackers are pretty low end.

Had the Vivosport but it died due to high/sharp impact/force on the screen that cracked it. Also the strap itself was splitting. 

• I completely agree. I have a 20 years old breitling navitimer and I’m not going to replace it with a fenix or Apple Watch. I just need a good smartband. After Vivosport I bought a Vivosmart 4... now it’s really time to replace it. The band is gone... waiting for vivosmart 5 or vivosport 2... please... release them soon!

• I realize that round watches are more fashionable now, but there must still be a good market for the square / rectangular form factor. The recently announced Amazfit X looks good to me. So a Vivosport 2 would be very welcome - with all the features of Vivoactive 4.

Particularly, I'd like to see a bigger screen and a button or two - I've seen what it's like to have only the touch-screen (on Vivosmart 4) and it is not so good.

• It would be really great if Garmin released a new version of vivosport. A device with  bigger screen ala miband 5, interchangeable wristband and all the latest Garmin features (body battery etc) would really give devices like Fitbit charge 4 a run for their money. 

Please Garmin do it!

• Hello Garmin!
    I'm pretty much happy with my current Vivosport. It is small and stores GPS tracks. The software of the current model should not stop forcefully tracking while we make a pause during bike rides and allow access to mass storage (GPX Tracks). Regarding the hardware, the battery runtime could be a little bit better for full day sport. Furthermore I could provide access to the heart rate also via bluetooth not just ANT. At least the forcefully stop of tracking should be finally fixed by an update - the other ones offer the opportunity for a successor device Wink

So. Why I don't buy one of your smartwatches? Basically because the are smartwatch, neither a watch nor a fitness tracker. Let me explain:

Watch:
    Mechanical watch which runs forever with a high quality automatic clockwork as long as you move. Purpose of it is being a timepiece and jewelry. Long lasting. Maintenance through watchmaker.

Fitness Tracker:
    Includes a battery and operating system, needs updates and regular contact to external energy source. GPS and INS (Inertial navigation system), hear monitor and so on. Much smaller than a smartphone! No maintenance and short durability. Needs apps and cloud.

You see, both have specific features. 
    I like both and wear both. But not the big smart watches. The rumors about the next Xiaomi Mi Band 6 including GPS which will effectively fill the gap which the Vivosport left free. I would prefer a Vivosport 2 so I can choose the better and more trustworthy manufacturer Slight smile

• +1

Just wanted to express that there are more people waiting for a vivosport 2.

Same form factor, transflective screen, repairable/changeable bands, physical button.

• I think the Venu sq can be seen as the replacement for the Vivosport. I got a Venu sq and would highly recommend it.