This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Floors Climbed don´t work

My vivosport has always marked the floors up and down, quite accurately. From one day to the next he stopped i don´t know if is a software problem or the barometer. Anyone else has this problem? Thank´s
  • Hi farfp,
    I have the exact same problem since June 6th. I climb the same stairs every day. I had a recent update to V3.30 but it still counted with the new version. Then it suddenly stopped. I cleansed the barometer hole which was in no way stopped. So I guess the sensor stopped working?
    cheers Marco
  • Same problem since update v3.30
  • Garmin broke it. It would be nice if they acknowledged it and let us know when it would be fixed.
  • It seems to be the same for me :(
  • Hum... strange behaviour in fact for me. It does count but more or less half the floors I climb. I will update to v3.4 (just published), clean the barometer with white vinegar and see what happens.
  • It has been about 24 hours now since upgrading to 3.40 and stairs is still broken. I work from home in my basement so go up stairs many times a day. So far today at 2pm it has only counted 1. Sigh. Looks like Garmin has given up on the Vivosport and put their resources into other products.
  • My vivosport floors climbed has been working in every version, but when on exercise the altitude measurements are wrong, really wrong, nothing like terrain is. Anyone else has altitude problems?
  • I have the same problem. Since 3.40 no more floors are counted. None. Zero. Very weird.
  • Well, I had the same issue, but could fix it luckily. But it was a more or less brute force approach for me, you have to decide on your own if you want to try it or not.
    My steps were:

Prerequisite: Garmin Express must be configured NOT to start automatically and NOT to download updates automatically!!
    • Remove the vivosport in Garmin Connect Mobile from your devices list
    • Downgrade to 3.30 with the file from the famous firmware site (aka perry)
    • Perform "Restore Defaults" from the menu
    • Connect via USB to laptop (on mine it will not be shown as Mass Memory Device immediately)
    • Open Garmin Express but close it immediately after you see the home screen there
    • In Windows Explorer, vivosport should now be listed as a Mass Memory Defice, otherwise repeat step 5, just a little bit longer maybe
    • Now go to the GARMIN folder and move everything to a folder on your laptop (NEVER delete anything, just to be sure in case of recovery)
    • Your GARMIN folder on the vivosport device should be empty now
    • disconnect from USB and perform "Restore Defaults" again
    • now connect to Garmin Express and let it perform all updates, you may need to disconnect and reconnect again in Garmin Express to finish all updates
    • reconnect the vivosport in Garmin Connect Mobile

flors climbed should now work again and all the other functions as well. In case you miss some language which you removed in step 7, you can easily reinstall it with Garmin Express.

This procedure worked out for me, I hope it will for you too!
  • It is more or less full wipe / reset HUMODDA. I guess the problem could then be linked to a memory / cache management... ?