This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strap broken after just a few months

Before I bought the vivosport as a christmas present for myself I did some research and found out that the straps on the vivo series have been a weak point and known to break after just a few months. The vendor somehow convinced me that it must have been a production error, and that I could just return it under waranty as soon as it started breaking as long as it was not completely broken through or like a clean knife cut. So, I bought it, and to be sure, checked it regulary for breaks or tears, treated it carefully, etc etc. A few days back, when putting it on in the morning the strap tore at the unit, the tear following the contours of the unit. Luckily, the tear was not complete and the strap is still attached by a few mm. I returned it to the store where I got it. However, they said now that warranty doesn’t cover this. I got quite angry (though of course that salesperson is not to blame). He then confessed that the last few months they had several customers with the same issue. So, They agreed to send it to Garmin who will now check if its a design flaw or me abusing it. This will take several weeks and the sales person told me I should not hope for a replacement. 200 euro for a wearable that is not usuable anymore after 6 months...thank you Garmin :( My next wearable won’t be a garmin!
  • Hi, i got the same issue with Vivosport, are there a way to be fix this ? Otherwise the device is completely unusable unfortunately. Strange that for older models there possible replacement, but seems not an option for Vivosport model.
  • Contact support to have them send you a replacement
  • Yeah, I thought this could be an issue , so I bought the extended warranty from John Lewis when I got mine. So far, after 6 months, no signs of breaking.

• Did the same thing through Best Buy. Paranoid about wearing it in the shower but worried I'll eventually break the band taking it on/off every day.
  • Bought mine in March 2018 and strap has broken in half - can't seem to get response from Garmin support
  • Why not? Have you tried calling them?
  • Good morning,
    I have the same problem with my vivosport.
    Purchased in February, today it is broken.

From some research on the internet seems a widespread defect, but from what I understand, garmin does not recognize the guarantee ...
    Someone managed to get it repaired under warranty?
    Thank you
  • Same problem here. Strap is broken just around a unit side. ????
  • Call Garmin support, as TrippyZ SUSSAMB have already suggested.
  • Call Garmin support, as TrippyZ SUSSAMB have already suggested.

I called them today. They almost laugh at me when I said that maybe it's a design issue because of the many comments on Amazon and even here into this forum. They told me "every brand has a forum it doesn't mean anything". Oh well, to me such an answer doesn't mean anything. Anyway, for Garmin it's my fault, I have to pay practically another brand new one to get it repaired (they'll send me another one as to them you cannot swap the band only). To be honest: I don't have problem in admitting my fault if there's any and I can tell you for sure that I used maximum care when using it. I mean, I don't even practice sport with it. ????
    And just to make it crystal clear: I previously had another smarthand with fixed band, a Garmin vivosmart HR, that lasted my almost two years and the band was perfectly intact. I decided to change it just because I wanted something new. Stupid me. ????