This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosport won't save workouts to device

I've searched and searched and searched and don't see a similar problem mentioned. My Garmin Connect seems to work ok on my phone and PC, but i can not get my Vivosport to save any workouts to the device so it can transfer to the app. It sure seems like I am starting the activity properly, waiting for GPS and then timer starts. At the end I am pausing it and then scrolling to where it asks to save it. I hit the checkmark and it appears to save ok. For some reason though, it never saves and doesn't show up when I view the file folder on the device. It just says "No history let's go!".

I think I am following the directions to the letter but it won't save so something must be wrong. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • So I've determined that this is all being caused by the unstable app. As long as I don't try to sync with the android app, the workouts save fine and will sync fine using the pc program. If I try to sync with phone before syncing with pc, nothing will transfer correctly.

No clue why, but at least I have a workaround. I have disabled Bluetooth and uninstalled app. The app is unstable and needs fixing!
  • Hello,
    I have the same problem, but not always, only sometime.
    I don't have try to download with PC, but i can see some workouts on the vivosport and non on garmin connect...
  • Thought I had this solved but now I synced today on the pc and it didn't transfer my steps for 2 days ago. WTF. Is anyone at Garmin reading about these issues?
  • My wife is having similar issues.  Has this been sorted by garmin?

• Still not sorted all these years later, the workouts just go missing despite being 'saved' and can't even be found in the file connected to the computer. Then it can't even pull HR data when you have to manually enter them, extremely frustrating 

• Forgot about this post started 3 years ago.  My current Vivosport has been functioning great for the last 1.5 years or so.  This is not the same unit as I had when this was originally posted though.  I've had two Vivosports replaced due to broken bands.   Makes you wonder if my original problem was because of bad firmware or something wrong with that device itself.

• I'm thinking of switching.  It's a shame because it used to work just fine!!!  What a mission. 

• Hi, 
    I have also big problems with recording and transfering it into Garmin Connect. I have recogniezd that problem is in Garmin Connect Mobile and when I conect from smartfone problem starts and activities are deleted from Vivosport after synchronization. 
    To use Vivosport I reccomend to restory to factorty default Menu> Settings > Key  > Restore Defaults. After that you can use it, but NEVER syncronize it with smartphone mobile app. For downloading and synchronizing actvities use USB cable and Garmin Express installed on PC.