This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync dropping activities

In recent weeks my vivosport developed an extremely frustrating condition where sync drops recorded activity, that is:
1) Step counter is reset from a high number to a very low number (on one day it dropped the previous day number to zero).
2) Recorded activities are lost.

The step counter issue is happening daily. I have to force sync multiple times to have the same number show in Garmin Connect phone app as is displayed on the vivosport. For example right now "Real Time Data" on the phone shows 1982 steps which is the same value as displayed on vivosport, but as soon as I sync in the app, the number in Garmin Connect drops to 93.

I've hit recorded activities being lost yesterday. When I have tried to sync after a workout it had failed multiple times, and when it finally succeeded the activities where not shown in Garmin Connect app nor website. Further syncing multiple times, including over USB did not make the show up, so I believe they are now completely lost. The only record of them is the summary numbers on vivosport in "Person" > "Folder" menu.

Is this something on Garmin's radar to resolve in software updates any time soon? As I said this is extremely frustrating as the most basic functionality of the device is lost when I cannot see the data after activities!
  • I also am suffering from lost activities after sync, is there a fix for this?
    can activities be uploaded manually from the watch?
  • I have been experiencing the same issue with my VivoactiveHR: activity is only recorded accurately during the day; 'today' is not recorded so that all my activity since 26 January appears 'lost' and is not showing up in my Garmin Connect app, or being recorded in my Vitality points profile.

What is the fix for this? I have already tried reinstalling the Garmin Connect app and resynced etc.

• I've run into this as well. I think that Garmin Connect will only sync activity data from the current day. For example, I did a walk at lunch yesterday and the activity is visible via the Vivosmart HR. I then did a walk again today, so total walk activities that have not been sync'd (2). I sync the Vivosmart HR today and only the walk from today sync'd to the Gramin Connect app. Pretty annoying that such a simple use case doesn't work. There have been so many of these annoyances through the years with the Garmin software that I'm ready to move onto something else.
  • I have the Garmin Venu and have recently experienced the same.  My watch shows higher steps than the Connect app.  But once I sync my watch to the app, it lowers the steps on my watch, rather than updating the app with the additional steps.  I have tried deleting the watch and re-adding it to the Connect app, but it hasn't helped.  Any word on how to fix the issue?