This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please fix the countdown timer

When you set a countdown timer it stops the screen from locking.

Because of this, the stop button and back button can both be accidentally triggered by items of clothing or an accident touch. Something made easy seeing as 40% of the screen can either stop or wipe the timer.

Why is it not set up like the stopwatch? Which requires a double tap to start and stop? It’s so maddening that Garmin persists in these silly little design flaws. Made worse that they nailed the behaviour with the stopwatch widget.
  • I have also encountered unexpected stopping of the countdown timer. The touch screen is sensitive, and easily bumped. Please change this feature to require more action to stop or reset the timer. Ideally, it would be nice to leave this screen and do other actions, while the timer continues to run.

Thanks for a great device!
    Alan
  • I do not understand why you cannot use any other functions while using timer or stopwatch. I use those functions for a reminder while cooking for example and would like them to work in the background when I can still see the time and my heart rate.