This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Charging failure again

Am on my third replacement device and charger and once again I cannot get it to charge. Has been on all evening and yet again I see it’s been draining instead. That’s it. Had enough. Off to get an Apple sports watch tomorrow.

• I think I am having problems with charging as well.  All I get is a solid triangle on the device and my BT can't find it.  IS that what you see as well.  I can't find anything in support or in the forums yet.

• Yes, I get that triangle too. Sometimes wiggling the contact and watch at that point whilst pressing it hard in  re-engages it, sometimes not. I also always give it a gentle clean with a soft toothbrush. I can usually finally get it to work eventually with considerable palaver, but it is too hit and miss for me now. 

• I finally found the alcohol clean post as well, did the clean, gently pulled at the pins with tweezers and plugged it back in and still nothing.  I need to change my toothbrush head anyway, maybe I'll do that at lunch. 

I hope the GPS mini is less of a problem.  I have a 96 mile hike coming up and the national guard will be sent if it doesn't ping people daily, lol.

• Check that your cable and charger are working. Try them with another device. Check that the cable is securely connected to the charger and to your phone. Check that there's nothing in the port of your phone, like dust or lint

PaybyPlateMa

• Already tried all that. Have to do it every time and eventually I get there. Still a very poorly designed system. Well, a rubbish one to be honest.

• Bet none of the later models still use it!

• Every time you connect the charging clips to the band you should immediately see a lightning icon in/next the battery icon. Until that happens it's not charging, so you'll need to move the clips. also make sure the pins are in the correct side of the band, i almost connected the clips the other way around

• Yes thanks, Know all that and have an MSc in computing, albeit plus 30 years ago. Am still maintaining the system is flawed. 

• Yeah, I figured that out ages ago, thanks though.  As far as I can tell, it's a string of crashes.  It'll be on for a bit then shuts down, I can't connect to the app either when it actually does stay on for more than a couple of minutes.  I agree with Vicki that it's a shite design, and I'm working on getting it returned for a refund.  If I can get them to contact me back.   I thought Garmin was good product, I guess not.