This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart 4 wristband

I bought my Vivosmart 4  in October 2018 - 2 1/2 years ago. It hasn't always been straight forward with the device, but has functioned reasonably well. But now the wristband has broken right across where the charging area is. Is it possible to get a replacement band even though the place where it snapped seems to include the solid part of the device? I have removed the screws as can be seen from the picture, to see if the band can loosen from the rest of the device - but it sits solidly.

I am an elderly woman, therefore this device has not had any hard wear and tear. But also as elderly I won't be going to the expense of  a new device. If possible I would like to repair this or hopefully  Garmin will do something for me as I have had it such a short time.

I look forward to hearing from someone who can help me before too long.

• Hey there! I am sorry this has happened. Can you tell me if you are located in the US or CAD?

• Hei AmberD, thank you for getting back to me. I live in Norway.

• HI there! My apologies on the late reply, the contact you will want to use is Norge +47 69 79 94 47

• Thank you. That is useful Amber. Thank you also for making contact.

• Of course! I trust they can get this resolved for you!

• Mine did the same thing i was told to send it in for a replacement along with $114:(

• Apparently in Norway you Get 5 years guarantee, but bought it in Singapore, together with One for my husband. 1yr guarantee! But they will replace it at cost - which is more expensive than getting another in my local shop! By the way, my husbands watch stopped working at the same time. My experience tells me not to buy Garmin again!

• Your experience tells me to buy Garmin in Norway! 5 years is a pretty awesome for electronics these days.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I don't work for Garmin, but I will say my gear has held up quite well over the years if its any consolation. Maybe a bad lot went to Singapore that year? 

The break doesn't look like it impacted the electronics - does device still function and charge? If so - were it me - I'd at least try welding the plastic back up with an appropriate adhesive and all. Done right, it may be fine, even cosmetically. 

• Why build a fitness watch with an inferior band and not have a way to replace it for a reasonable price? Shame on Garmin. They’ve lost this customer. 

• Garmin support is usually rather good, my band developed a bubble for the 2nd time (they replaced it already) and they replaced it free of charge even if I've have had it for 2.5 years now, outside the base warranty (they again, they probably know not to mess with the "legal warranty" laws in Canada). I think the issue is with out-of-country purchases, but that is FAR from being something limited to Garmin, I'd be surprised is any big tech whether Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, ... actually cover such thing. One, perhaps slightly odd thing however, sometimes it's possible to get the warranty "covered" if you can ship and receive the device in the country it was purchased. For example, if I purchase something in the US (again, I live in Canada), I probably can't get the warranty honored from home, but if I can drive to the US, ship my device back to them from there and have them send the replacement to another US address (this is so common for US purchases that there are whole businesses built around providing postal box services right across the border), they would honor it.