This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't reach or change the floors climbed goal on the device?

I live in a two story house and on a normal day I walk the stairs around 5-10 times, so I assumed 10 floors was a reasonable goal when I did the initial Vivosmart 4 setup.

But the Vivosmart 4 only register around 1-2 climbed floor per day despite me walking the stairs up and down several times. The only time I reach 4-5 climbed floors on a single day is when I've been outside walking with an elevation difference of at least 20-40 meters. 

So I've tried to change the floors climbed goal to 4 since that's what Vivosmart 4 registers on an "active" day, even if it's wrong. But the device doesn't update. 

I've updated the goal both in the iOS app and on Garmin Connect Web. On the web the goal is properly shown as "4" on the main screen widget, but on the iOS app home screen (my day), the widget still says "Goal: 10". If press the floors climbed widget the correct goal "4" is shown on the iOS app.

On the Vivosmart 4, the floors climbed widget show my goal as "10". 

I've tried to sync several times and other changes are synced and shown on the Vivosmart 4, but the floors climbed never change.

Anyone else with this issue or know how I can update the goal?

• Hello! Are you holding on to the railings with the hand the device is on? If so, it will not count the floors. Here is an article with tips regarding the floor climb. The Floors Climbed Feature Is Not Accurate on My Watch

As for the setting, can you change the setting in Garmin connect via web and sync with Garmin Express and tell me if there is any change. 

• Sometimes I hold the rails with my device hand, but not consistently. I've tried to really exaggerate both my arm and foot movements, but it still doesn't register when moving up the stairs.

I did see now in the link you provided; "A floor climbed is equal to 10 feet (3 meters) in elevation gain.". Including the upstairs floor thickness, I don't think our second floor is located more than perhaps 9'6" / 290 cm above the first floor. So I might not reach an "elevation gain of 10 feet". In my opinion it's a design flaw if this is the case, a floor in a standard house in my country is less than 3 meters.

I tried to sync with Garmin Express now after you suggested it, but it didn't change anything. Garmin Connect on the web and when entering floors climbed details on the mobile app show the correct goal "4", but on the Vivosmart device and on the home widget the goal remains at "10". 

This is on the iOS app home screen, it still says "Goal: 10" and it doesn't think I've reach the goals since I've only climbed 4.

But when entering the details the correct goal "4" is shown and I've filled the bar since I've actually reached the goal.

This is from the web, it always show the correct goal "4" in all places:

• My Floor Goal changed to zero from 10 floors. How can I reset it? Also my clock setting keeps changing from 24 hour clock to AM/PM. Why does it do this? Thks...

• They replaced my first Vivosmart after I complained about this and the replacement I s just as useless. No, I don’t hold the railings, yes, I know indoors it takes 2x a house flight to supposedly count 1. Even that doesn’t work. Just done 5 non-stop and still nothing. I have noticed it’s worst when the barometer is rising quickly and it over counts when that is falling. I think the whole concept of measuring by atmospheric pressure changes is completely dodgy.

• Any ideas how to reset the floors target? 

Also, for some reason when hiking my device keeps pausing and/or stopping at random times. The timer is set to 30 mins but it just stops sometimes at 11 or 13 or 25 mins.

And why doesn't Garmin customer support reply to enquires?