This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it a time to buy fitbit?

My good old vivosmart is more than 2 years old and I need replacement. I was hoping to have a new one from Garmin, but it looks like small form factor wearables are not in focus of Garmin. Any suggestions for replacement? or should I be patient and wait for Vivosmart 5?

• looks like small form factor wearables are not in focus

I guess it depends what small form factor is to you. If you mean the band-style watches, then the vivofit 4 and the vivosmart 4 are still in production. Or if you want to switch to a different form factor, but remain smaller, any of the "S" watches might work for you, such as the fenix 5S & 6S, Forerunner 45S, vivomove 3S, or the Venu.

• The inspire 2 is a great device & a very good sleep tracker, plus you get HRV & respirations.  I ran out of patience waiting for a VS5, they don't seem to care about these smaller trackers anymore. 

• Actually, I’m not looking for smaller watch, but the tracker only. I use Fenix for sports and I need tracker/basic messaging device to acompany mechanical watch :-)

• I was looking at Inspire and Charge, but still I’m having all my fitness data in Garmin environment 

• In the same boat as everyone else: I would like to keep track of steps, HR and sleep while either wearing a mechanical watch or sleeping. For activities and training I got my F5+. 

What bothers me about jumping ship: How do you guys reconcile the data? As I understand it, there is no way to get Fitbit data such as steps or all day HR monitoring into the Garmin ecosystem?

• Not sure how it works now, but in the past you can use 3rd party applications to synchronise data. Not a perfect solution, but works. What stops me from jumping into Fitbit is pretty large Charge 4 with payments, I like to have and GPS, I don’t need. Another reason is that some “advanced” data like sleep tracking is paid service in Fitbit. I was hoping to see some new stuff from Garmin at CES this week, but apparently no news. One could appreciate a message if they work on something or they just leave that segment? Anybody from Garmin can comment on that?