This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bulge on the band

Hello I bought the watch in the beginning of this year and like it very much, however this morning I noticed a defect, bulge popped out suddenly, what could have caused it, is it something that could be covered by warranty ?

• Get in contact with Garmin,  they will send you a new one. I had two returned because of this.

• HI there! This is not normal for the device. Have you reached out to Support yet. If you are in the US or CAD, I can get this resolved for you. 

• Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I am not in USA or CAD but in Europe. I returned watch to seller under warranty but they said that will give response approximately in a month, hopefully it will be covered by warranty. I am more worried for this not to happen again and to reasons why, surely garmin has made investigation and maybe willing to share details or at least let us know if issue is fixed in new model, it will be pitiful to return watch every year, both not convenient to garmin I suppose and surely for users. But I understand if this question cannot be answered.

• Hey  I am sorry the device had to be exchanged. I do not recall seeing a bulge issue on this device but that does not mean other associates have or have not. However, It is extremely unlikely you will get another device that has this issue. I understand the concern of returning the watch every year but I do not think this is something you will need to worry about. I hope you get your replacement quickly and you can continue to enjoy your device as its intended.
  • Thank you very much for answer, looking forward to get a replacement as this watch is a life saver, stress monitoring is so nicely done, battery life, small size, sending heart rate to fenix just incredible. Also hoping for vivosmart 5.

• I agree, I love this particular device. I have had this one for about 2 years and it is one of my favorite ones! I hope you continue to enjoy it! 

• This is a common problem with this watch. I am already on my third. Garmin Netherlands replaced it the first time. The second time I got my money back from the seller, so I could immediately order a new one. 
    Garmin will not tell us what the cause is, but have been replacing almost all watches as far as I know. Did you hear back already?

• It was more than a month and finally I got a replacement, I am not sure that I will be able to replace it again since I have less than a year warranty left, hopefully garmin releases new product similar to vivosmart 4 by then Slight smile

• I also got a replacement for this in New Zealand, its my first replacement and hope i wont need another

• They replaced mine for free out of the warranty period; it's a known issue (I'm not really sure why AmberD is unaware of it, but it actually is entirely normal for this model), with a dedicated service/support path, so don't assume they won't replace it if it happens again. As far as I can tell, it's not actually a problem in any way other than aesthetically. The blister always occurs on the side with the charging port, where the dongle clamps on, and I suspect it's simply a matter of material stress over time deforming the strap and making it bubble up. People reporting liquid leaking out were most likely just getting trapped moisture under the blister rather than anything nefarious leaking out of the unit, since that's not a universal phenomenon, and the glue holding the strap to the unit weakens over time and with physical stress, eventually letting moisture seep under the strap.