This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Steps failed to register on tracker.

This morning my normal 5800 step walk has recorded just 1800 steps. It's normally around 55 minutes but only 20 mins has registered. I can manually add the walk but I can't get back these lost steps. I am part of 2 step count challenges, and there's no way I am going to now meet my step count for the day, ruining a long run of meeting my goal. It's not a sync issue as the steps have synced, they are just not recorded on the Vivosmart 4. I am so annoyed. Is there any way to rectify the lost steps, or why this might have happened?

• I'm so frustrated.  I am in challenge groups as well and my steps are not accurate al all! This week I am wearing my original vivofit and my new vivofit 4 together and my original ends up with 2600 more steps per day than the new one.  I dont know what to do!

• Hello! Are you using the walk activity or is the device set to start activity after 10 min of walking?

• I will check those settings.  Is that default setting? 

• No, not necessarily but are you physically starting a walk activity on the device? Or relying on the device to start an activity itself?

• I am not starting an activity on the device.  I am just active, or taking short walks, but no matter what I do it is not counting daily steps accurate. I have my original vivo fit and my phone samsung step tracker also and both of those will show around 11,000 steps a day, but my new vivofit 4 will show around 8 or 9,000 for the day. Its always 2-3 thousands steps less. I will probably end up returning it. I got it for Christmas gift and it has not been accurate, I tried resetting it, I tried entering custom stride, I dont know what else to try. Very frustrating