This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

body battery not charging, sleep not syncing, have reset multiple times

I purchased a Garmin vivosmart 4 for the body battery. I developed post viral fatigue after Covid19 and was struggling with pacing. the body battery has helped TREMENDOUSLY since I got it. Until a week ago. 

My body battery charge dropped to 5. And never recharged. I googled around and did a reset and that worked, I then had to do that multiple nights in a row. 

Last night I did that and although my body battery on my band is now correct, it is no longer syncing my sleep and body battery on the app. I have reset my device multiple times today, deleted and downloaded the app, Turned my phone off and on again, removed it from my bluetooth list and put the garmin on charge. None of this has worked. 

I have had the device about 4-5 weeks and am really frustrated. I am on reduced pay because of sick leave and purchased the vivosmart 4 because it was affordable. I had thought I would purchase a fancier garmin when I recovered but it seems like there's too many bugs with the issue. 

Other than everything else I've tried what else can I do?

• Hi, I can't pretend to understand the problems you're experiencing... it sounds like there is more than one problem? But regarding low body battery, I have CFS (possibly similar to COVID-19 post-viral syndrome), and when I am going through a particularly bad patch my body battery drains right down and stays very low for days. This correlates directly with how I'm actually feeling. Are you sure that the drained body battery was a fault with the device and not a reflection of your health?

• hey :) yes post covid is essentially similar to CFS/ME. I had been concerned the first time it didn't charge that I was relapsing but when I restarted my device my body battery was fixed. So far it has been super correlated with how I'm feeling and at the moment I feel good (like not good pre covid, but good for what life is now). My band shows 40% but my phone app shows 7%. I had 12 hours in bed last night, tho I got up at midnight to use the toilet, and my sleep stopped then on my app. I've been trying to really track my sleep as I am introducing variables (weighted blanket, smaller meals etc) to see what impact that have. Last night I introduced a fairly impactful variable but now I don't know how my sleep was :( 

• Yeah that sounds like it's not functioning properly! Hopefully someone here can offer some suggestions (are you wearing it tight enough?) All the best with your recovery!

• Hello, was your problem resolved? I have the same issue that my BodyBattery is neithger synched by my Vivomove3 nor my Vivosmart4.

I use Fenix6 as main device here everythings works fine.

For Vivosmart4 I only have HR and Stress transferred to Garmin Connect. For Vivomove3 even Stress is not synchronised as documented in the following thread: forums.garmin.com/.../missing-in-g-connect-sleep-data-stress-and-body-battery-vivomove3

• I come back from a long discussion with Garmin support.

Physio True Up does not transfer BodyBattery status between devices, neither is any watch recalulating this metric by data received by other devices. (Status: October 2020)

So finally BodyBattery does NOT work if you use more then one device, making the feature pointless Disappointed

I recommand everyone to send a message to Garmin via the following link telling them you'd really want the transfer BodyBattery between every TrueUp device -- https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/