This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR inaccurate when I sweat

Hello,

I got myself a vivosmart 4 two weeks ago and I am really frustrated by the fact that HR is completely inaccurate whenever there is sweat between my wrist and the machine when I exercise!

I have followed a few tips - like wearing it in the right wrist zone or having it not too tight or too loose - and it seems to be fairly accurate in the beginning, but when I start to sweat the HR shows 60-70bpm when in reality I'm at 120/130......

I mean, when I think of a wrist band to measure my performance while doing sports, I would expect that it would work if there is sweat on it!

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Cheers 

• Yes, same problem. On an exorcise bike it will bounce between 60 to 140 bpm! On the road the wind seems to keep my wrist dry especially in the dry climate here. I will average a constant 145 bpm. 

I'll try wrist sweat bands and see if that works.

• Thanks let me know if the sweat band works for you! On top of this when I’m swimming sometimes the device stops counting my exercise, probably the impact in the water triggers the end of the exercise. I’m a bit frustrated as this has happened twice this week, for 90€ I was expecting something a bit better. I mean, the concept of the device is actually very good, it’s just all these small bugs that ruin the whole user experience