This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disabling Bluetooth/EMF on a Vívosmart 4

Hi

Contemplating buying a Vivosmart 4 for my wife’s birthday but before I purchase I was seeking some reassurance Bluetooth EMF can be turned off. 

I have an Oura ring that allows me to operate in Airplane mode until I sync with my phone and I’m hoping the Vivosmart 4 will similarly allow this?

I love the features but I’m concerned that if this is not possible I’ll have to consider an inferior device which allows for Bluetooth to be disconnected. 

Thanks

Andrew

• You can turn off Bluetooth

• Hi Andrew, 

Did this watch end up meeting your expectations of turning off the Bluetooth EMF but still recording data like your Oura? I'm looking for a watch for my daughter and this is an important consideration. 

Thanks

Dee

• I would like this question answered along the same line. Can I broadcast heart rate data such is instructed on this page https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivosmart4/EN-US/GUID-3629BD02-A0FB-4F18-B1A4-600C2643C835.html

if Bluetooth has been turned off?

thanks.

• After much research we bought the watches and primarily use them with Bluetooth turned off. The app doesn't update until we turn Bluetooth back on - the HR doesn't register if Bluetooth turned off.

• So bought the vivomart 4. There is no physical way to turn of bluetooth from the watch. You turn off the blutooth on the phone and the watch is not connected. So is the watch still sending emf if not connected to phone? is the question. I mean watch still is sending something for ohone to connect when bluetooth is on. Figured these companies would just make 'bluetooth off' option on all watches since they know this is a concern. 

• Perhaps a bit late, to reply? The current version 5.40 does seem to store HR data while BT is turned off, but obviously doesn't update the HR value displayed on the app, the HR graph is however updated a minute or so after staring to synchronise. Hope this helps?

• Believe that on version 5.40 one can turn off BT, as follows : press the dash to shown the menu items, scrol till you see the old-fashioned telepnone 'handset' with bluetooth symbol, tap that, scroll till you see a single Bluetooth icon, which when touched will reveal a 'on/off' switch : setting that to 'off' switchews off my BT connection, in that the app no longer shown the current hearthrate, when switching that slider back on the HR will after some delay once again be shown : seems that would 'do the trick'?