This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Useless sleep tracking and sleep analysis...

No question here, just a complain...

I have a Fenix 5plus as well as a vivosmart 4. My wife a 625 and vivosmart 4 as well.

We use to have polar and fitbit devices previously.

So far (and by far), Garmin devices are the worst regarding sleep tracking AND sleep analysis.

Measurements are most of the time off by hours and the provided analysis is pretty much useless.

Level of informaion is very poor regarding what competitors are proposiing.

So pleasen Garmin, when are you going to give us something decent ?

• We’ve been complaining about this for years. With the release of the charge 4 today I just gave up on Garmin & bought one. Garmin is about 5 years behind on sleep tracking. 

• I bought a vivosmart 4 as an upgrade from my fitbit alta HR. Fitbit was good at recording sleep. Garmin seems to think I'm sleeping 10+ hours a night, it doesn't pick up my current insomnia. Wondering if I can return the device because of this??

• Indeed, if sleep tracking is important for you, return it.
    Not worth the time to try other Garmin products, it seems they are all lame on that regard...

• +1 the sleep tracking is worthless. Hope Garmin will invest some time in fixing this. It starts counting sleep hours when I’m laying still in bed, but I’m still awake. It does this even hours before my “sleep time” I set in Garmin Connect. 

• Just got a VA4s. Some nice features, but sleep tracking is a total disgrace. I have a collection of some 20 other smart watches I got over the last 12 years or so - VA4 is by far the worst sleep tracker of them all - even cheap Chinese bands are a lot more "spot on".

I should have read this thread before buying - wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole!

What's more - it doesn't seem Garmin cares a bit:(((

DON'T BUY a Garmin watch if you want sleep tracking in any shape or form other than almost "random numbers".

SHAME!

• Maybe a simple solution would be for Garmin to use data from the phone to help check is someone is asleep or just laying in bed. If I'm on my phone reading or whatever, I'm not sleeping.

• Problem is Garmin just don't seem to be interested. A $60 Amazfit Bip does a better job tracking sleep (round the clock, including naps). Surely Garmin could do at least as well, if they'd just listened to their customers.

• I just received my charge 3 which is the first tracker I’ve ever had, I have insomnia so sleep tracking is the most important thing for me. Since receiving it I’ve also become very interested in the Garmin vivosmart 4. Now that I see from this thread that sleep tracking with Garmin is poor, I can’t consider the Garmin right now. Do you think Garmin will improve sleep tracking with future firmware updates? Do you think they will ever be able to have sleep tracking as good as Fitbit? Thank you

• I've recently opened a topic too about it:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/vivosmart-4/229398/will-vivosmart-receive-an-update-for-sleep-tracking

It's painful to say because other than that I really like the vivosmart 4, but the sleep tracking feature is completely unreliable. It cannot even tell if you are sleeping or watching TV. I've bought a Fitbit Inspire HR that works pretty nice (but it' uglyDisappointed), for now I'm keeping the vivosmart hoping that a future release could fix this.

• I have been using a Vivosmart HR for the last three years. On average it shows 60% of my sleep is deep sleep. I now have a Vivosmart 4 which shows that less than 1 hour is deep sleep. Does anyone find that Vivosmart 4 reports a decent length of deep sleep or does it always show a very small proportion?