This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Schedule PulseOx recordings

It would be useful if a schedule could be as to automatically take and record a Pulse OX reading through the day.

say every hour, three hours etc.

• This is a must. Especially for me as a pilot in a non-pressurized plane, it would be great to be able to set scheduled monitors to take my SpO2 readings while in flight as a precaution. 

Surely it's something that can be implemented for an upcoming firmware update.

• I have the Garmin Venu. If it works the same, which I believe it does, you need to do this:

Press the lower right hand button. Select the settings gear  icon. Select "wrist heart rate". I have these set to: Status - Auto, Abnormal heart rate - alerts, broadcast in activity - off, broadcast - off, pulse ox - set to "all day" (which basically should read - "always on" or "24/7". In the all day mode it will take readings all day AND all night!

Also make sure you go to system settings a second time - this time select - data recording - set it to "every second". I think that should get you oxygen readings all day and all night. However, the watch is very sensitive to the fit and it will sometimes stop working. I rinse my watch and arm under cold water and refit the watch.

Also you  cannot  obtain readings if you are moving and the watch will state "too active".  At all other times you should obtain a constant read out of your oxygen levels. The main thing to remember is that Garmin's - "all day" actually means "always on" or "24/7". "All night" means "all night".

One other thing - the Venu (the Garmin 3 & 4 are supposed to be the same) will STOP reading oxygen levels and heart rate when the battery is running low. I'm not sure the exact point at which it stops but I think it is in the instructions. I can't find it in the instructions but I think the battery level had to be very low for the heart monitor & oxygen monitor to stop working. Also remember: if you switch the heart monitor off your tracker will stop many other things from working, including the oxygen readings, body battery, stress monitor, etc.

Sorry for repeating info but due to Dyspraxia I can't seem to write it without repeating myself.