A new Beta software (4.44) for the vivosmart 4 has been released to help address and/or reduce the likelihood of Syncing and Device Connection Errors. Our Engineering and Development teams continue to actively work towards a public software release that resolves this issue.
The Public Beta update file can be found here: Beta Download.zip
*Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.44:
- Made Stability Improvements including Syncing and Device Connection Errors.
- Connect your device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
The vivosmart 4 will need to be placed into Mass Storage Mode by:
- Connect device to computer and wait for time screen
- Tap the ‘button’
- Swipe and select the Gear
- Swipe and select i
- Swipe and select Mass Storage
- You will need to wait about 5-7 seconds for the device to enter mass storage mode (indicated by the battery icon and USB icon only showing on the screen)
- Download and unzip GUPDATE.zip and place the GUPDATE.gcd file in the Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and wait for the update to finish. (you will see a Gear Icon with a status bar during the update)