This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My step count is way off.

I just bought this yesterday. I walked from the parking lot a block down the road, climbed two flights of stairs to get to my office and it only showed 80 steps and zero flights of stairs. Do I have a defective device? Samsung Health counted my steps as 600+ at the same time, which is far more accurate.

• Make sure you swing your wacth-wearing arm naturally as you walk. The watch detects steps by watching for rhythmic motion of your wrist.

• Yes, you have to swing your arms in sync with walking AND with climbing stairs. It's especially important to exaggerate this on stair climbs, because the device is stubborn about counting them otherwise.

• Pretty accurate - if you want genuine accuracy with a wrist based device and you're just walking you have to keep that arm free and swinging naturally. Things that can throw it off include pushing a lawn mower, shopping cart, baby stroller, holding on to a bag of groceries in that hand, using a cane in that hand, or even just leaving that hand in your pocket. Note I've been using garmin watches for 6 years now...