This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No REM sleep for two days - other issues too

I upgraded from a  Vivosmart3 to a 4 - 2 days ago.  I changed the preferred device to the new device.  No other preferences where changed. Day one it tracked steps accuratley  and combined data from old device.  First night it tracked deep and light sleep and sleep pulse ox.  Last night only deep sleep (and I was up twice) and no data for sleep pulse ox.  No REM either night.  In addition, yesterday it only tracked 207 steps?

Any ideas on what is going on?

• i think there is an error with the new update.
    i also had a night with NO remsleep, which is so odd, and yesterday it wont sync, i could see i did my fair amount of steps on my watch ,but it didnt show in the app, and this morning it didnt really sync at all. i tried everything. reconnecting several times, in several ways, but nothing seems to work,
    i hope garmin will fix this, as its pretty useless like this :)

• Mine finally updated.  I have no idea what the problem was.  

• indeed, suddenly it worked again, but since this morning it wont load any of my sleep.
    not sure what theyre doing @ garmin lol

• I had to upgrade from Vivosmart 3 to 4 a couple of months ago too (face on the 3 had blistered after less than a year meaning I couldn't see screen, grrr).  All worked as expected for a couple of weeks on the Vivosmart 4, then it stopped tracking REM sleep. This problem has remained. I hoped the next firmware update would sort it out, but no.

The more annoying problem is that the sync is very unreliable. Again, for first couple of weeks it was OK, then it just stopped syncing fully - the watch and phone connect and the sync begins, but then it quickly aborts. I spent HOURS trying to resolve this just before Christmas - doing all the suggestions on the web. I eventually found that if I plugged the device in to charge and then tryed to sync, it started to work again. (I think plugging it in reboots it somehow?)

So, I was having to reboot it like this every few days to get it to sync. Far from ideal, but at least it worked.

Now I have 4.40 and even this trick doesn't work. Can't sync! I had to do the reboot trick yesterday and then it worked, but today, nothing will make it sync. Again, the phone and device recognise one another, but sync aborts after a few seconds each time. 

As an aside, I tried to connect device to Garmin Express on my laptop  a few weeks ago too, to see if that would fix things. Guess what - it wouldn't recognise device!

Feeling fed up! Not hopeful that this post will help, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Fingers crossed