This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivosmart 4 vs fitbit sleep tracking

I have both the vivosmart 4 and the fitbit inspire hr. I have no issues with either working out or sleeping (I wear both at the same time while exercising and sleeping). The fitbit is quicker at picking up on my heart rate increase by a couple of minuets while exercising but in the end they have similar HR average and HR max while on the elliptical for 30 minutes. Either its the same or different by no more than 2 heart beats. Sleep tracking they both start sleep and wake within 5 to 10 minutes of each other. The difference is the length of stages. Sometimes the stages are close in time and sometimes they differ by 45min and that doesn't bother me but what throws me off is when one might say i was in a deep sleep at 1am and the other will say I was in light sleep or REM. Sometimes they correlate but most of the time they don't. Which sleep tracker is more accurate? The more accurate one im keeping and the other I will give away or use it as a back up.

• Fitbit is hands down a more accurate sleep tracker than garmin. Garmin is years behind the industry in sleep tracking. Garmin won’t even track naps or if you toss & turn in the middle of the night. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Do you wear both on the same arm?

• No. I'm left handed and wear the garmin on my left wrist and the fitbit on my right and in both apps are set to the wrist im wearing them on. Fitbit sleep tracking is more accurate when on the non dominate wrist. I can attest to that because every time I've worn it on the dominate hand it didn't track my sleep. 

• It does seem like fitbit is more accurate. I haven't taken a nap with either yet but garmin does track movement on the sleep app. The tab is at the bottom of the sleep stage graph and next to the SPO2 tab.

• I doubt the VS4 is accurate at all. I have an Oura ring (gen 2) which is pretty darn accurate and wore both last night. The VS4 was not even close to my oura data.  

• Thanks for the reply. Not surprised at all. Ive heard good things about the oura ring. The data collected by the VS4 to me is one of the best that Ive seen but if its not accurate then its useless info. Maybe future updates will improve its accuracy but until then Im going to stick with fitbit.