This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Broadcast HR using Ant+

Since it has Ant+ can the Vivosmart 4 broadcast my HR to compatible gym equipment? For example it would be easier to see it on the screen of a treadmill or spin bike while you're working out.

On a related note, if I can broadcast, can you broadcast HR and record an activity on the device at the same time?

• I don't know about gym equipment, but guess so, if they support Ant+

I don't think it can record an activity at the same time, since it doesn't multitask and is a menu you go into, not a setting, and I think it will stop when you leave. Same goes for activity tracking. You can't return to the menu, without stopping the activity tracking.

I don't have any practical experience with either however, since I don't have and Ant+ equipment.

But what you can do, is to bring you phone and see live HR in the garmin connect app. That also works while recording an activity. I have done that and know it works ;-)

• Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just find something with ant+ and try it out  Slight smile

• Yes, you can broadcast real-time heart rate over ANT+, so any ANT+ device will be able to use it. My bike computer (not a Garmin, it's not connected any other way) can pull heart rate over ANT+.

You CANNOT broadcast and record an activity at the same time. I'm making a separate post as a feature request for that, though it may be the case that the CPU or radio or something can't handle both tasks at once.

• Thanks, that's good to know. It's not always convenient to use your phone on some of the equipment in a gym like a spin bike.

• Unfortunately vivosmart 4 is broadcasting much lower HR... ridiculously you are doing cardio and it measures HR like you are watching TV...