This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When is the Vivosmart 5 expected to come out?

I have been tempted to go from my Apple Watch to the Vivosmart 4 due to it's slender form factor. However, I know that the VS4 does less than AW and is also over a year old now. Any idea as to when the Vivosmart 5 might be coming out?

• If I have the correct date. The biggest time difference between watch releases was a year and a half (vivosmart HR and VS 3), I did not count HR+. So I think the release can be very close. But because of the covid-19, I would guess that VS 5 will be presented at IFA 2020 or sooner.

I like VS4, but I still don't know if I should wait some month for VS5 or buy VS4.

• I am in the same boat! Even knowing which quarter it might be expected to be released in would be nice.

• I’d much prefer if vivosport got an update instead of vivosmart, it’s older but with the Built in GPS it’s closer to the smart watches but with the smaller form factor we all prefer.

• I'm pretty happy with the functionality of Vivosmart 4, especially now that it accesses GPS for walking, running and cycling. Upgrades that I'd like:  a full week battery life under heavy feature use and a blood pressure monitor without a cuff.

• In the hope the Garmin is reading this:

Please give us the ability to wear the tracker on the upper arm!!! (Closest comparison, whoop band, polar OH1)

Either this or the ability to connect a chest strap would make it the perfect product in my view. 

For context I do mainly CrossFit and different sports here and there. 

• The V4 is a great tracker. I would hope the V5 would have 2 main additions: a much improved sleep tracking ability, and a body temperature sensor. 

• Without Garmin Pay a VS5 wouldn't make ANY sense to me and I could continue with the 4.

(Xiaomi just released something)

• The Fitbit charge 4 wth built in GPS has got my attention. I'm being patient continuing to wear my Vivosmart 4. I would like to see respiration rate and if possible built in GPS on a version 5. 

I'm hoping for a hint in social media about new models as I'm following the development of other fitness bands with interest. 

• And yet 8 months later still nothing

• I just ordered a VivoSmart 4 as a replacement to my Fitbit Charge 3 that is dying. I will never purchase another Fitbit again. I've been through 3 different models in the last 4 years, each one has either fallen apart or failed to function while under warranty. I'm on my second Charge 3 which, just after a year, is now failing and all they can do is offer me a 25% discount to replace it. Many others have reported the same issues as I with the Charge 3. I would not recommend Fitbit to anyone.