This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incomplete sync

Former Member
Former Member

My new Vivosmart 4 doesn't sync completely with the Connect app.

I do get a green dot and it does sync heartrate, steps, minutes intensive training, calories, and stairs. However, activities and other information do not sync, and the white sync circle never shows up. If I try force a sync on my watch, I get the message that I should open the app on my phone. GPS also doesn't seem to work and if I change any settings for my watch in the app, that is also not synced.

The only way to get the other information to sync that I found is to remove the device from the app and reconnect it, but that is not a very good solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Try to contact suppport. They reply in few days

Usually they recommend reset of VS4, but in my cases did not help

• Connecting the watch to a charger for a few seconds often works for me. I read it does some kind if cleanup/reset after charging.

• here's only my opinions from my experience.. 

i always do twice sync.. 

first from my band..  uploading data from band to phone/ garmin connect mobile app. 

second from my phone,  let the app also sync data from app to garmin server. 

sometimes,  after second sync,  i see my deep sleep increase or decrease. i just think that maybe there're some data need to be processed in server before it shows in app. 

if we don't want data to be processed in garmin server,  try in tab "insight".. data and privacy,  opt out..  but some data will not be displayed 

i know that this seems ridiculous.. they should made one sync completed for all. 

second for your problems, what phones do you use? i use android,  and i think newer garmin connect mobile app has many bugs.. was designed for newer models and does not care about older device. i also made a thread in garmin connect mobile for android for reporting this 

now i still  use older version 4.19, which all settings works well for vivosmart 4

regards

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to stefanusrudy

I realize this is a late response, but your advice helped!

I downloaded an older version of Connect, and now my activities are syncing.

Thank you so much!

• PeterOo - The charging trick worked for me. Shortly after the last update of the iOS app, I had charged my VS4, and afterwards it stopped syncing with the app. After several days, and tweaking every setting I could think of in the app, I tried charging the VS4 again. This time after the charging, I was finally able to sync with the app again.

I’m not sure how that fixed the problem, or how charging may have been connected with the problem in the first place, but a second round of charging seemed to be what was needed to fix the problem.

Thank you for the suggestion.

James T. Savidge, Thursday, November 28, 2019

• Thank you for this tip!! Helped for me just now.