This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart 4 Heartrate question

I got a Vivosmart 4 yesterday to use when not wearing the Fenix 6X. If I bring the heart rate widget up then the reading is fine. However when I look at heart rate on my iPhone Connect app the live reading is blank. With the Fenix I was getting a live reading in Connect all the time. Is this correct. I seem to have a graph over time with the VS4 so it must be recording something.

• I have live HR on my iPhone Connect from VS4. Try turning bluetooth off and on, on phone and VS4. Also if you just updated IOS, it prompts for bluetooth access. Try check Settings->Connect and verify that it has bluetooth access. Finally I don't know if it could be because you have changed your VS4 to primary device. I only have VS4, so no experience with how to handle multiple Garmin devices.

• Very odd. I have tried turning bluetooth off and on both on the VS4 and the iPhone as well. Also confirmed I have HR set to ON in settings. Still just showing two dashes on the My Day page of Connect on the iPhone in both the live and resting positions. The graph for the day is showing fine and steps are updating so BT communication is fine. I do have the Fenix set as the preferred activity tracker so I am wondering if that may be the cause. The Fenix is turned off.

Just to complicate things I am adding a Garmin Instinct into the mix. 

I just set the VS4 as the Preferred Activity Tracker and it is now reading live heart rate ok. So it looks like only the preferred device is displayed live. It was still recording though. Is it usual to have to set the preferred device each time you sawp over? I can understand the need to set the dominant device if you are wearing both.

• It works if the VS4 is your preferred tracker

• Thank's. I had managed to work that out in the end as I mentioned above.