This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom step length doesn’t work

Title says it all. I don’t want to use garmin connect/ phone gps while i walk or run. I enter custom  step length, but vs4 does not take my value into account.

• You could try reporting it to garmin.I had a correspondence earlier this summer about challenges not getting ended. I carried over to e-mail from support@garmin.[my country]. I don't know if you can raise a new problem writing to this address or your have to go through the on-line formular, which they have hidden very well and doesn't always appear until you have tried choosing a subject. 

- go to garmin.[your contry]

- select support->Supportcenter in top menu

- Write vivosmart 4 in search field

- Choose get help

- Choose any subject shown or try searching for stride length or similar relevant for your problem

- Now contact will show a bottom, below search results

If they have broken it, I also like it fixed :-)

• I have thje same issue. Contacted support. They advised to reset unit, which I did (4 x). It did NOT solve problem. Stride length is still fixed on 83 cm, an Auto-lap is in miles - not km

• I saw similar problem on reddit for one of the running watches regarding lap length. The solution was to change it in activity settings on the watch, but that is not possible on Vivosmart 4 :-(. Only choice on device is connected gps or not.

• As a winter approaches and I'm mall-walker, it essential to set stride length. GPS inside mall does not work.

• I have requested Garmin to raise a ticket to correct this.

On my vivosmart 4 the custom stride length is used to measure the daily distance but the individual workouts default to standard stride length based on your height.

Looks likeNotes they missed a line of code out when you decide not to use GPS, should check if you have set custom stride on but doesn't.

Suggest if enough people also ask for a ticket (via chat) then Garmin may do something in next software release.