This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivosmart 4 problems with Connected GPS

After the firmware my Garmin VS4 has connected GPS. Very happy but very soon I found that I have only few GPS completed workouts. Most of the time I have only short segment from my routes. It is not my phone GPS because other software gave me complete routes (started at the same time with my VS4).

Anybody with the same problem? Any solutions?

• Maybe it would help to tell which phone you have, it sounds like agresive battery management on Android phone or If you have an iPhone, you might not have given Garmin Connect access to location always, but only when using the app.

• GC has all permission and Battery Optimization is OFF. Maybe is something with Bluetooth because I have a headset and a Pebble watch connected simultaneously with GC.

Curiously, before the last update, VS4 was functioning better with full GPS routes.

• It is obvious that Connected GPS is worse after the last update, at least for me. Before this update 1 route from 10 was incomplete and now 1 from 10 is complete.

I tested today 3 walks and MapMyWalk was 3 from 3 correct and Garmin VS4 was 3 from 3 incomplete. How MapMyWalk shows the maps correctly every single time and Garmin not? (both apps have all permissions and battery optimization is OFF)

Am I missing something?

• No solution but having the same problem.GPS dropping out during activities. Power saving off. All permissions granted.

• For me it is clear that all the problems are related with sharing Bluetooth connections with other devices from the phone. Garmin can solve this problem with a message on the tracker saying "GPS connection lost" / "GPS reconnected" or something like that.

• The same problem with my Samsung Galaxy A8 (Android 9). Tested two Vivosmart 4 on my phone, both dropping gps signal. The same two Vivosmart 4 working excellent on older Samsung Galaxy A5 (Android 8).

Where is a problem? Newer Android incompatibility? Phone problem?

• Same Problem for me with an android 9 phone. GPS is dropping. Even without other bluetooth devices connected. Any Solutions?

• Yes. Just tried connected GPS. After about 2,5km, it just stopped tracking. Got a signal 1km later, just one data point, and then just ended the tracking. The exercise did continue to the end though. I didn't expect this feature to really work anyway, so I'm not too worried. Just a normal day with modern technology. It just doesn't work and it won't ever be fixed because we already gave them our money.

• This is the second Garmin device for me that is not doing its job. Also never got a contact with the support. Maybe the solution is to get the devices from another Manufacturer. The connect app has an nice UI but it also cost more battery life than any other app on my smartphone. And Bluetooth connections with Garmin devices are by far not as smart and fast created as with any other device I use... All in all no positive experiences with garmin

•  I have been also using it got running for about a year and since I upgraded to a phone with good GPS I can see how inacurrate Garmin was for the whole time. Really disappointing.