This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivosmart 4 problems with Connected GPS

After the firmware my Garmin VS4 has connected GPS. Very happy but very soon I found that I have only few GPS completed workouts. Most of the time I have only short segment from my routes. It is not my phone GPS because other software gave me complete routes (started at the same time with my VS4).

Anybody with the same problem? Any solutions?

• I bought a new Vivosmart 4 last week, and downloaded the latest Garmin Connect for Android and also updated the firmware to 4.60 on the band itself. I was not able to connect at all to my phone's GPS (the band would "search" for awhile, and then fail).  Per other advice in this thread, i uninstalled Garmin Connect, and then downloaded an older version (Garmin Connect 4.31.1) via the APK Mirror site, and this fixed the problem immediately.

Is there a way to get in touch with Garmin to alert them of this bug in the latest versions of Garmin Connect? I tried to contact via chat but it was unavailable, and I couldn't find an email address for their support team. 

• I've exactly the same problem. The band keeps hung waiting for the GPS, then the search fails.

Garmin Connect 4.32.1

Band Firmware 4.60

Samsung Galaxy A8, Android 9.0

• You can try emailing Garmin at this email address

[email protected]
  • I just tried to post the relevant contact details and it was immediately flagged as spam lol, so I did try...

• We are aware of a problem with Android phones and the current version of the Garmin Connect App (4.32.1). We are currently working on a resolution. I apologized for any inconvenience this has caused. I will provide an update when one is available. Thank you all for being Garmin Customers.

• hope this is fixed soon!

• So glad I just came upon this thread - thought I was going mad! Like others I found that the GPS was dropping from recorded tracks, yet staying on the same track on my phone (using other software). Reported it to Garmin, they finally came back a few days ago asking more questions - then I decided to try again, only now the GPS wouldn't connect. Went through the same frustrations others have (forgetting then re-connecting the watch, uninstalling the app etc. etc.) - really hope that this is fixed soon, but relieved it's not just me!

• Wish I had found this post earlier, mine worked a treat until about 10 days ago, stopped connecting to GPS thought it was a problem with my phone so went out and bought a new phone. GPS was working on old phone perfect with Strava, maps and view ranger thought Bluetooth was maybe on the way out. Really disappointing when got new phone to find out I got part of a map on my first run and now watch says it connects when I start it up on a run only to find when I complete I get no map. If there was a known problem with Garmin it would have been nice if you could have messaged and put an advisory out to the app and let people know. Any idea when this will be fixed or do I need to go out and get a new Fitbit?

• I only received my watch on Friday, and I've been so frustrated not being able to get this to work!  I remember Fitbit having this issue around three years ago - can't believe I'm facing the same problem now with Garmin Unamused