This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart HR - calories steps

Hi, I have been using MFP for 120 days now, up until now I used my iPhone to track my steps trough apple health base app .

I started using Vivosmart HR watch and installed Garmin Connect on my iphone and synced it with MyfitnessPal .

My activity is set to not very active , Myfitnesspal suggest 1800 calories a day for a loss of 0.5kg a week

up untill now everything was fine with the calories adjusment but now after calculating steps calories from my watch (wearing all the time.) see for yourself:

Garmin calories:

Apple health calories:

now ofcourse the apple health calories seems more accurate and realistic , and that's what I followed , knowing that "not very active" already has some calories burned calculated in the 1800 calories due to normal day activity, but it seems garmin does not take this into account (I have negative adjustment enabled.). the amount of bonus calories I receive from garmin seems way too high

Edit: see the time

?? whats going on? , it does the calculation by hour - daily based? so how do I know how much to eat ?

I walked 7200 steps and it shows 300 calories burned sofar , compared to 120 on apple health ,how come ?

• If you have Vivosmart HR+ I would go with Garmin because of the Firstbeat calories algorithm. Otherwise I would go with Apple.

Essentially every tracker is good for calories if you weight yourself every morning. Eat back the tracker's calories and if you are not happy you can always adjust (add or subtract calories from the bonus given by the tracker). For example, after 1 week, you can add 100 calories if you are loosing weight too fast or subtract 100 calories if you are gaining weight. Add another 100 calories next week so on.