This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

‘Blister’ forming on watch. Vivosmart 4

Both my wife and I suddenly noticed a ‘blister’ on our vivosmart 4 watches. It is located just above the display opposite to the charging contacts.

Are more users experiencing this? The watch seems to work ok still.

are   

• How is soft or hard. Could be dangerous, if it is the battery. Anyway, better contact Garmin. 

• It is soft. Like an air bubble. 

If I look at the teardown on ifixit this is just over the battery. 

I have contacted the customer support if the shop I got it from. 

• Yesterday I saw one of my colleagues also had a vivosmart 4 watch. His was a bit younger (6 instead of my 11 months), but you could already see a small air bubble forming above the display if the light was right.

that is 3 out of 3 vivosmart 4 watches that I have seen that have a problem with gas formation within the device. If I was the product manager at Garmin for this device I would not get a good night sleep.

I brought mine back to the shop (Beversport, The Netherlands) and they will exchange it for a new one. Sadly that will take them 4-6 weeks! I could not send it to Garmin in the Netherlands directly.

• Mine did this. I sent it back and they replaced it. 

• I have the same, it's still pretty small but I'm planning on contacting the seller to have it replaced.

• I got mine replaced, but it took them 8 weeks!

the shop was so nice to give me a new invoice so 8 have another 2 years EU warranty. Nice insurance if this will happen again.

• Oh wow I have this happening too, same spot. But mine is much more subtle at the moment. I just posted about it myself with photos. I can't really tell if it's soft or hard though. Is this dangerous? I'm concerned it'll just happen again if I get it replaced.

• On my wife’s vivosmart it is slowly increasing in size, but 4 months later still not as big as on the photo I posted of my watch in this thread.

I do not feel it getting hot or anything, so I do not expect it to cause a fire. It will probably pop at some stage. 
    As long as Garmin is replacing them I will keep sending them back.

• Mine did just that about 8 days ago, I have been using it for 11 months and a few days, I hope I can still get it under warranty, did they ever tell you what was it?

• I noticed this on my device a few months ago. Good to know it isn't just me!

Think I'll contact Garmin