This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incomplete Syncing

Since yesterday, my Vivosmart has only been doing partial syncs with my iphone. At the moment, it only syncs HR, steps, intensity minutes, floors, and calories. It no longer syncs body battery, activities, stress, sleep, or sleep pulse ox. I can see the unsynced data on the vivosmart, but not on the app or on Garmin Connect.

When the iphone app syncs with the Vivosmart, the progress indicator on the phone only moves a little. It doesn't sync the way it normally does, where the progress bar gradually moves around the circle. I don't get an error message after syncing, but it's obviously not syncing much of the data.

I tried un-pairing my watch from my iphone, then re-connecting it, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

• SW version 4.50 is now available for all vivosmart 4 issues, and should resolve this issue. We thank you all for your patience while we finalized this update. 

• update to beta 4.44 fixed the issue for a week (seems the battery consumption was much less after this update).  But 8 days after the update, the timeout happens again.

just updated to the 4.50 .....

• I've downloaded version 4.5 and it STILL won't sync my intensity minutes.  There is nothing for the past 2 weeks.  I have spent more time trying to since my device than anything.  There HAS to be a fix!

• I downloaded 4.50 using Garmin Express but the Garmin Connect app is still using 4.27. There is no update in the Google play store. When will 4.5 be available to update Garmin Connect on my phone?

• If you can look at the file system of your device, see if there's monitor.fit files.  copy those to your computer and upload those manually via Garmin Connect Web.  In the upper right corner there's a cloud icon, hit that and drag those files in there.

Then delete all that from your device.  Also ensure that there are no partially downloaded .gcd files.  if there are, delete those as well.  

I'd be curious to see if there are files still on your device.

• updated to 4.50, after 5 days of synching OK, having the timeout issue again (tiled out waiting for file data request)