This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incomplete Syncing

Since yesterday, my Vivosmart has only been doing partial syncs with my iphone. At the moment, it only syncs HR, steps, intensity minutes, floors, and calories. It no longer syncs body battery, activities, stress, sleep, or sleep pulse ox. I can see the unsynced data on the vivosmart, but not on the app or on Garmin Connect.

When the iphone app syncs with the Vivosmart, the progress indicator on the phone only moves a little. It doesn't sync the way it normally does, where the progress bar gradually moves around the circle. I don't get an error message after syncing, but it's obviously not syncing much of the data.

I tried un-pairing my watch from my iphone, then re-connecting it, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

• Im seeing the same issue.  

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Garmin-Matthew

Same for me. If I completely reset the device, remove app from iPhone, reboot phone, reinstall app and setup device from scratch it works for a day and then no longer sync's. Any update on fix? Having to completely setup the device on a daily basis is not really workable.

• I'm having the same issues as the other people have mentioned. Resetting the Smartwatch and / or re-installing the app does not work. Please inform us for a working solution soon.

• This issue has been driving me crazy too!  Any idea how long we might have to wait for a fix?  It is maddening to constantly have to delete and re-pair the device (which also doesn't always work seamlessly) in order to have the device fully sync.

• I have the exact same problem

• Seems the developers have hard time to solve...we can help if you can share source code to fix it for you

• For what it's worth, for the past 3 days the syncing has been working. This could still be an intermittent issue that will come back for days at a time, but I'll keep monitoring the situation.

• I found a workaround for this issue. I think there is an issue with the Bluetooth connection from the vivosmart to the mobile app, that can somehow stall the synchronization. What I saw was that in the app was that the vivosmart started syncing, but the progress bar never really moved until the progress bar show green, but when you went to the vivosmart page, it said it had failed or timeout out. Here is what I did.

You need a windows computer and the vivosmart charger cable for this fix, don't know if there is a similar app for macs.

Download the Garmin express program from this page and install it: www.garmin.com/.../

Now follow the next steps. Be aware you might need to repeat some steps, but it fixed my problem eventually:

1. Connect Vivosmart to your computer
    2. In Garmin Express click add device (You can skip this step if you have done it before)
    3. When the program locates the vivosmart click add Device. You do not need to create accounts or anything more. (You can skip this step if you have done it before)
    4. Check that the Vivosmart displays a USB logo, charge logo and an eject icon (Means the vivosmart has been connected to the computer correctly)
    5. Disconnect the vivosmart
    6. Wait and see if the vivosmart automatically start syncing with the garmin app on your phone. If not, start syncing manually
    7. The progress bar should now move more than before, wait for it to complete
    8. Go into the vivosmart page (icon at the top) and check if there is a red exclamation point that warns that synchronization has failed. If so, repeat from step 1, skip steps 2 and 3.

Why these steps? When you connect the vivosmart in step 1-5, the vivosmart actually reboots into a USB mode. when you disconnect it, it reboots back into its normal mode, and therefore reset any syncing issues. in step 6-8, you should see that more of your data will be available in your mobile app, but because there might be a lot of data (and this is just a guess) the synchronization cant handle it all, but some of it is synced. When you repeat the steps more and more data will be synced until you have been completely synced.

hope this might help some of you.

• I've tried this multiple times. It seems to fix the issue... for awhile.

Frustrating.