This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incomplete Syncing

Since yesterday, my Vivosmart has only been doing partial syncs with my iphone. At the moment, it only syncs HR, steps, intensity minutes, floors, and calories. It no longer syncs body battery, activities, stress, sleep, or sleep pulse ox. I can see the unsynced data on the vivosmart, but not on the app or on Garmin Connect.

When the iphone app syncs with the Vivosmart, the progress indicator on the phone only moves a little. It doesn't sync the way it normally does, where the progress bar gradually moves around the circle. I don't get an error message after syncing, but it's obviously not syncing much of the data.

I tried un-pairing my watch from my iphone, then re-connecting it, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

• I also need to reboot it by plugging it in the PC several times now this week. I have adressed this to the Garmin support. Hope they can fix this. Firmware 4.3 worked fine without connection problems. 

• Same for me....me and dadhave 2 devices and I keep reset thenlm 3 times in a week since months...and still 4.4 didn't solve the problem 

• Is there a fix for this or do I need to look for a new tracking device like Fitbit or something else....

Getting impatient!

• It did this for me like once a week, but since few days ago, it's doing it every day. It can only be fixed by connecting to pc and syncing there, which with the slow software takes 5 minutes. This device is simply useless now if it does not use Bluetooth. I tried installing Garmin connect on another phone, but it didn't sync there either. It's the device, not the app. 

• There is, as of today, no physio trueup sync between my F6 and the VS4

• I'm having the same problem at least three or four days a week. Why isn't this being fixed?

• I feel the same way. My Vivosmart is still under warranty. Is this something just happening to a few devices? If so, I'll return it. This is getting annoying.

• Me too. And that isn't acceptable long term.

• Many are reporting the sync problem, so this is not just happening to a few devices.  I'd guess that Garmin is aware of the problem, but based on past experience we'll be waiting a long time for a software fix.  What Garmin needs to do is to be honest with their customers:  admit that they have a serious problem and that they are working to resolve it.  They need to instruct their customer service reps to stop giving bogus instructions about removing and reinstalling the device from the app/Garmin Connect.  That won't fix the problem!  Only a software fix will bring us resolution.

I'm ready to throw out my vivostmart 4.  This problem renders the device useless.  I spend a tremendous amount of time trying to coax the device to start syncing again. That works for a day or too, then sync stops again.  Worst of all, I lose days and days of fitness data when the sync stops.

• Yes its frustrating bug and frustrating very slow support response always...I beloeve if Garmin can make the code open source many users have right competence to help the developers to fix it in one day.