Intensity minutes really high

Hi everyone,

I wonder whether anybody can please advise?

I have a Vivosmart 3. I don't do proper exercise because of a health condition (I use a motorized wheelchair outside the house). The only exercise I do is walking short distances in the house (e.g. one room to the other, then sitting down), and some extremely gentle physiotherapy (like, 3 reps of a really gentle movement and some short, gentle stretches).

What I am finding strange, is that my GC app is logging over 1000 intensity minutes per week. Which is what I would expect if I was doing a decent aerobic workout every day, not what I actually do!

I have checked the thresholds that GC is using to calculate intensity minutes. It says it is logging 50-70% of max HR as Moderate, and 70-85% of max HR as vigorous.

Just wondering what kind of exercise other people do, to log over 1000 intensity minutes a week?

I am thinking that either the app is logging things incorrectly, or my heart rate is going too high.

I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Thank you!

P.S. Please don't offer exercise/health advice or ask me to justify my current activity levels. It's for medical reasons which I prefer not to get into a discussion about. I am using the watch to track various things for my health, rather than for workouts. Just wondering whether the intensity minutes function is logging things correctly. Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
No Data