This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart 4: Relax reminder not working?

I recently purchased the Vivosmart 4 (13 April) specifically for the Health & Wellness features. What drew me to the device was this claim "The Vívosmart 4 includes all-day stress tracking and a new relax reminder feature that suggests users take a moment to do a breathing routine when it detects elevated stress levels."
I have been using the device for slightly more than a week now (since 14 April). It records High Stress levels on the All day Stress chart but I haven't received any "Relax reminders" I double checked the Sound & Alert setting and it is switched on.
I called Customer Support today (South Africa) and after several calls they informed me this device cannot give Alerts (reminders) when High stress is detected?
I am now confused as this was the reason why I decided to buy this device rather than a Fitbit. Was this just false advertising or is this feature available?
Or maybe my device s defective?
  • In a nutshell, if there's at least a few minutes of continuously, relatively high stress detected, it will fire the alert. It will then reset the threshold for what is high so that you get another alert only if it is higher than that for again a continuous period. After some time (days) the threshold will recede and start over. It is not something you want to have go off every spike of stress you get though.
  • I have the same issues.  After hearing this advice has it gotten better? 

I found a workaround by resetting the watch to factory defaults and then it seemed to work again for a few days.  I think it might work if you deactivate the reminder then reactivate it as well, but haven't had the chance to thoroughly test.  However, I am with you.  The features I was into for this watch after researching all the options were the stress and wellbeing functions...despite its mediocre reviews online. 

When the stress alerts activated during the few days, they are actually during times when taking a few deep breathes and realizing I was stressing out was really helpful.  I hope they get them working better as they are great ideas and I would love to brag about it to other potential customers if it actually worked properly and it could also potentially help me be a healthier person. 

• It was also the reason I bought this watch instead the  Fitbit Sleepy

• I also have such failures, I can sit at the computer for a while, page with information on the site, and no notifications come, but when I get up, only then a relax reminder comes. So I am inclined to believe that most likely one of the sensors is not working correctly and because of this, such failures occur.