This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart 4 Body Battery readings

Hi,

I am wearing my Vivosmart 4 Activity Tracker for about 1,5 weeks now and my girlfriend also has the same device (only with smaller wristband) which we bought together.
I have some doubts about my body battery readings. After, what seems a good night sleep of nearly 8 hours (deep 1h 17m, light 4h22m, REM 2h6m, awake 4m) my body battery is only charged with 7 points, to get a total of 17/100. The body battery of my girlfriend although is charged to almost 100.

How can it be that my body battery readings seem so off?

I know these activity trackers rely heavily on artifical intelligence and algorithms etc. and maybe I should allow it to learn in for a longer period of time, but that does not explain the differences compared with my girl friends readings.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel
  • Mine never used to go above 67, but I started wearing a little tighter and it reads 97 this morning. That's the only change I made
  • I think it all depends on what it thinks normal HR is. Mine says I sleep 10-12hr a night. I'm lucky to get 5. But my resting HR is about 60, so once the sleep window in settings opens up, a low HR makes it think you are asleep. That said, my body battery goes up when I charge my watch. So the body battery is a measure of just not moving at all. If you move in your sleep a lot, that could be why.
  • Hi, thanks for sharing your insights. During last night my body battery 'sky rocketed' to an astonishing value of 73! It is the end of the working week, I might not have moved much during my sleep (less stress), somehow these factors co-relate with getting the body battery charged. Otherwise the body battery also seems to be de-charging with more points at a time, once it is loaded to a higher level.

Happy monitoring. Regards, Daniel
  • I have seen the opposite. I always see 100% despite killer workouts and using other recovery Apps which say I should be destroyed. Also, has anyone worn both the VS4 and Suunto Fitness 3 to see how each compare with regard to their implementation of the Firstbeat Body Resources feature?
  • Correlate it to your stress while sleeping. if it is very low 'blue' (rest) then you will see a good rise in BB. Athletes in good shape with low RHR and high HRV will see this happen. If you have bad sleep habits, take alcohol or caffeine, the onset of the blue and the strength of the blue will be minimal.